General Volunteering Links
This guidance aims to help you start volunteering by giving an overview of what you need to know and providing some answers to some of the questions you may have before you start volunteering.
The Mentoring and Befriending Foundation (MBF) provides services which aim to increase the effectiveness and quality of mentoring and befriending as methods of enabling individuals to transform their lives and/or reach their full potential.
- Database of volunteering opportunities.
- Working in partnership with London's Volunteer Centres to promote excellent volunteer management practice in organisations that involve volunteers.
- The UK quality standard for all organisations which involve volunteers in their work
The Mayor’s volunteering programme for London, Team London makes it quick and easy for Londoners to give their time, find volunteering opportunities and do great things for their city.
- A national charity inspiring and connecting people to share and give time.
- The UK's premier volunteering management software, developed by YouthNet UK in partnership with volunteering agencies.
- Development charity with almost 2,000 skilled professionals currently working in over 40 countries
- Volunteering England’s Volunteer Management Portal acts as a gateway to the world of volunteer management with links to over a thousand resources and information on support, training and development opportunities for people managing volunteers.
- The national volunteering development agency for England.
- The Foundation aims toincrease participation in sport and physical activity through a number of projects, resulting in an improvement in health and well-being.
- Supports sports volunteers by providing tips, case studies, workshops and resources.
- Sport England is focused on the creation of a world-leading community sport system.
- Sports information & help for blubs in the Borough of Kingston-upon-Thames
- Provides opportunities for young people to get involved in campaigning issues through volunteering
- Connects 16 -25 year olds to volunteering opportunities
Support for Organisations
- IIV is the UK quality standard for all organisations which involve volunteers in their work.
- Royal Borough of Kingston (RBK)
- Fostering is a rewarding occupation for people with time to spare who are confident in the company of vulnerable children or teenagers and want to make a difference to their lives.