Volunteering Good Practice Project
There are many positive reasons for involving volunteers in your organisation, but doing so is an investment of both time and resources. Adopting good practices in managing your volunteers is essential to ensure a successful volunteering programme for both your organisation and volunteers.
Go Kingston Volunteering's good practice project is part of a 6 borough collaborative project which will bring a high quality, cost effective and locally-based volunteering good practice service to volunteer-involving organisations across South London. The project is funded by City Bridge Trust.
Our good practice service offers:
- Training workshops and bespoke training in volunteer management
- One to one meetings to provide advice and support on any aspect of volunteer management
- Volunteer Co-ordinators Forum
- Volunteer management good practice charter to demonstrate your commitment to good volunteer management
- Volunteering health checks to help ensure you have correct policies and procedures
- Resources and templates to help you develop your own policies and procedures
- Support to organisations to achieve Investing in Volunteers Quality mark
If you would advice on any aspect of volunteering good practice contact Pat Stanley, Volunteering Good Practice Adviser by email or call 020 8255 8685.